Do you need to take a screenshot on your Samsung laptop but don’t know how? Don’t worry; we’re here to help. This step-by-step guide will show you how to screenshot on Samsung laptop. So whether you want to capture a funny meme or save something important for later, follow these simple steps, and you’ll be able to do it in no time!
Method One: Screenshot Your Entire Screen
Screenshots are a handy way to share what’s on your screen with others, and taking a screenshot on a Samsung laptop is easy. There are two main methods for taking a screenshot on a Samsung laptop: you can use either screenshot of your entire screen or just a specific portion. To screenshot your entire screen:
- Press the PrtScrn button on your Samsung laptop to take a screenshot of your entire screen. You may need to hold down the PrtScrn button for a few seconds to work properly.
- Open up a graphics or image editor program, such as Paint, Photoshop, or GIMP. You can use the editing tools in this program to crop or otherwise manipulate the screenshot that you just took.
- Save your screenshot as needed. This may involve selecting a file type or adjusting settings like resolution and quality level.
- Alternatively, you can share your screenshot directly from the editing program you used, which typically allows you to upload it directly to social media sites or send it in an email or text message.
With these simple steps, you can easily screenshot on your Samsung laptop whenever you need to!
Method Two: Use Windows Snipping Tool
To take a screenshot on your Samsung laptop, you will need to use the Snipping Tool, an inbuilt application that comes preinstalled on all Samsung laptops. This tool allows you to capture a selected portion of your screen, either as a full image or as one of several different types of image snippets.
To access Snipping Tool and begin taking screenshots on your Samsung laptop, follow these steps:
- Open the Snipping Tool from the Start menu.
- Click the New button to start a new screenshot.
- Choose the area of the screen you want to capture using one of the snipping modes: Rectangular Snip, Freeform Snip, or Full-screen Snip.
- Once you’ve selected the area you want to capture, release the mouse button to take the screenshot.
- You will save the screenshot to your clipboard, and you can paste it into any program that supports images.
Method 3: Use Keyboard Commands
Capturing a screenshot on a Samsung laptop is easy with the right keyboard commands.
Windows + PrtScrn will take a full-screen screenshot, which you can then paste (Ctrl + V) into an image editor or document. This is the quickest way to take a high-quality screenshot on a Samsung laptop.
You can also use Windows + Shift + S to take a partial screenshot, which allows you to select a specific area of the screen to capture. Once you have made your selection, you can save the screenshot in any format.
Windows + Alt + PrtScrn to take a screenshot of just your active window. The screenshot will be automatically saved to your Pictures library’s “Screenshots” folder. You can edit and share the screenshot as you see fit. This method works on all Windows-based laptops, including Samsung laptops.
There are several ways to take a screenshot on your Samsung laptop, and each one has its benefits. Whether you want to capture your entire screen or just a specific portion, a method is right for you. With these simple steps, you’ll be taking screenshots like a pro!
Empire Laptops is reader-supported. When you buy via links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission at no cost to you.
- How to Increase Laptop Battery Life: 8 (Proven) Tips to Extend Your Battery’s Lifespan - July 15, 2022
- Comparison of The 10 Best Laptops with 16GB RAM - November 25, 2021
- 9 Best Laptops with Stylus Support: Compare Features & Specs - November 24, 2021